The Winchester silvertip 6.5mm creedmoor is a medium-power cartridge comparable to the .260 Remington and 6.5×47mm Lapua. Three-hundred yard energy using 129-grain Hornady SST bullets is listed by an independent reviewer as 1,641 foot-pounds force (2,225 J). For the 140 grain bullet at 2,700 feet per second (823 m/s) initial velocity, another reviewer reports an MPBR for a six-inch-high target of 265 yards (242 m), and reports a manufacturer-claim of “almost 1,600 ft⋅lbf (2,169 J)” of retained energy at 300 yards (274 m) using a 24 inches (610 mm) barrel. SAAMI test data confirms 6.5 mm Creedmoor, 15 feet (4.6 m) from muzzle, velocity of 2,940 ft/s (896 m/s) for the 129-grain bullet and 2,690 ft/s (820 m/s) for the 140-grain bullet (which compares to .300 Winchester Magnum data of 2,930 ft/s (893 m/s) for a 200-grain bullet and 2,665 ft/s (812 m/s) for a 210-grain bullet). Long-range shooter Ray “RayDog” Sanchez summarized the bolt-action Tubb 2000 rifle in 6.5mm Creedmoor as “boringly accurate” at 1,000 yards (914 m). He asserted the rifle/ammunition combination he used maintained sub-MOA groups at 1,000 yards (914 m). 6.5mm Creedmoor can provide sub-half-minute of angle accuracy from factory ammo.
The ability to retain velocity keeps the 6.5mm Creedmoor with 140-grain match bullets in the supersonic range out to around 1,150 yd (1,052 m), while the .308 Winchester with non-ideal for long range use 168-grain match bullets has a supersonic range of about 975 yd (892 m). In general, 6.5 mm (.264″) bullets are known for their relatively high sectional density and ballistic coefficients, and see success in rifle competition. The 6.5mm Creedmoor was designed for target shooting at longer ranges, and as such, couples a sensible case volume (3.40 ml) to bore area (34.66 mm2/0.3466 cm2) ratio with ample space for loading relatively-long slender projectiles providing good aerodynamic efficiency and external ballistic performance for the projectile diameter. For some loads, the 6.5mm Creedmoor is capable of duplicating the muzzle velocity or trajectory of the .300 Winchester Magnum while generating significantly-lower recoil, based on lighter projectile weight.
The Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 6.5mm creedmoor 140Grain ammunition provides hunters proven immediate knock-down and extreme precision. Innovation combined with engineering excellence makes Ballistic Silvertip the choice for those who appreciate the legendary excellence Winchester is known for around the world.
- Polymer TipResists deformation, maximizes long-range performance and promotes expansion
- Alloyed Lead CoreProvides increased retained weight resulting in deeper penetration
- Contoured JacketProvides controlled expansion to maximize knock-down
- Boat Tail DesignSolid base delivers excellent long-range accuracy
- Lubalox (Black Oxide) CoatingReduces engraving forces and barrel fouling
- Rapid Controlled ExpansionDelivers rapid impact and massive knock-down
- Brand : Winchester
- Classification : Ammunition
- Caliber : 6.5mm Creedmoor
- Bullet Weight : 140 grain
- Bullet Type: Fragmenting Polymer Tip (FPT)
- Number of rounds/case: 20
- Number of case: 25
- Unit Price: $59.99/case
- Total number of rounds: 500 Rounds [20×25] & 1000 Rounds [20×50]
- Muzzle Velocity: 2700 ft/s
- Muzzle Energy : 2266 ft/lbs